PIBO Windsor Dinner Fundraising Event May 2015
The Fourth Annual ‘Margaret Atwood Presents … ‘ Windsor fundraiser for The Pelee Island Bird Observatory was a great success. This year’s guest speaker was Lawrence Hill, author of The Book of Negroes and many other works.
PIBO would like to extend its thanks and appreciation to its sponsors:
- Dr. Alan Wildeman, President of The University of Windsor, who purchased a table of 10 and donated those seats to students in the university’s English Department
- Two anonymous sponsors who each bought tables of 8 and donated the seats for use by local high school students
- TD Friends of the Environment for its financial support
- Cooper’s Hawk Vineyards owner Tom O’Brien who donated the wine for this year’s dinner and provided a gift basket which was raffled off
- Caesars Windsor which donated accommodation for our guests and provided two concert/dinner packages to be auctioned off
- Balzac Coffee for once again providing Margaret Atwood Blend Coffee for the event and bags of Margaret Atwood Blend to be auctioned off
- Biblioasis Book Store owner Dan Wells who donated a gift to be auctioned off.
PIBO would especially like to thank the volunteers who organized the event at Beach Grove Golf and Country Club: Paul Vasey, Michelle Bondy, Jan Graybiel, Lynn Baker, and Peter Hrastovec.
And, finally, thank you to Sal Licata and his staff at Beach Grove who once more provided us with a beautiful setting and a wonderful meal.